Wednesday, August 29, 2007

God rocks!!!!!!

In January of this year Rene was promoted to Operations Manager. Along with the new title came a lot of responsibility and stress. He was now in charge of more people and was asked to make quite a few changes. Rene had to be up at 3:00 am and would work between 14 - 16 hours a day. When he came home his phone would ring nonstop.

This went on for a few months. Things started to settle down a bit and he "only" had to work 10 - 12 hours a day. Oh, and during all this he hurt his back at work. But he never complained (I wish I could say that) and he never missed a day. Rene has always been faithful to his family and his work. He knows how important it is for me to be home with the boys and has always done everything that he could to make it happen.

Rene's new position took a toll on our family. He would be exhausted when he got home from work. His back hurt. He missed events because his schedule required him to work Tuesday through Saturday. Having to wake up so early in the morning meant we couldn't make plans on a work night.

I prayed everyday for a new position for Rene. I asked God to give him a job that had a more flexible schedule so that he could have some Saturdays off. I prayed that he didn't have so much stress. I prayed for a position that wouldn't be hard on his back. I prayed for a position that didn't require my husband to wake up so early in the morning. I prayed for a position that would let Rene be creative again. I prayed for a position that didn't require so much overtime.

I admit at times I would grow impatient. At times I did complain. At times my faith was the size of a mustard seed. But that is all that God required.

On Friday Rene came home from work and said that he has been offered a new position at work. His new position doesn't require overtime, waking up before the crack of dawn, it's not going to be physically demanding, it's less stressful and he has a schedule that will allow him to have some Saturdays off!

Thank you God for answering my prayers. And thank you Rene for being such an amazing provider, husband, father and friend. I love you!

1 comment:

MLasch said...

This is so cool! I guess Rene finally called...