Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day 2008!

Over the past few months I have been trying to change what I feed my family and what I am bringing into our home (I still love my Diet Coke....one step at a time). With Justin's Alopecia acting up I'm trying to do more. I cook with "whole" foods and try and avoid all the added junk.

Now the boys and I are working on taking care of our planet. It's the only one God has given us and we need to take care of it. Here are a few things we are doing:

* starting to recycle
* cutting back on our water usage
* working on starting a compost bin
* using candles instead of turning on lights
* picking up trash
* planting more plants and flowers
* supporting our local farmers by joining a CSA

I know we have a lot more to do, and hopefully next year our list will be longer. My goal is to leave behind a small footprint and a large legacy!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I never thought about using candles instead of lights as being a way to help the environment. There's my excuse to splurge on some candles! Thanks!