Monday, April 13, 2009

Tanaka Farms



We joined a local CSA (consumer supported agriculture)a couple of weeks ago. Our produce is from Tanaka Farms in Irvine. Every Wednesday they deliver fresh produce boxes to a park in Long Beach. I've been having a hard time taking prenatals so I'm hoping to get all of my nutrition from the food I am eating. My goal is to make sure we eat up all the food before our next delivery. Sometimes it's a challenge, especially finding ways to eat food we are not used to. I have discovered that I enjoy beets and the boys really like the spinach.

I was worried that going organic was going to make our food budget sky rocket but it hasn't. Our food budget is a tad bit higher but I think thats due to the fact that I need a lot more protein in my diet.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Wow - those veggies look so fresh and yummy!! What a great idea!
You mentioned having a hard time with your prenatal vitamins. I had a really hard time with that also, for two reasons.. they made me sick to my stomach, and I'm just a wuss about swallowing big pills.. afraid I'm going to choke.. I know, it's silly. So, I would take two chewable flinstones vitamins every day, that way I didn't have to swallow a large pill, and I would usually took one at breakfast and one with dinner, so I didn't have as much of a problem with them making me nauseous.

Post some more baby bump pictures soon, you look too cute!