Sunday, September 23, 2007

Matthew's Baptism

I was surprised when Matthew told us he wanted to be baptized. I knew his class would be talking about it. We asked him a few weeks ago if he wanted to be baptized and he said no. We didn't want to push the issue, so we dropped it. Well, the awesome teachers in his class (Darrenn, Tim, and Michelle along with the wonderful Jenny Platt) did an amazing job teaching the kids what it means to be baptized.

After class Matthew said he wanted to be baptized. When I asked him why, he said "to wash away my sin". I knew that was a teacher talking and not him. So we talked about it and I read him a few stories in the Bible about baptism. We also prayed about it. He said he still wanted to do it and I said OK.
The day before the baptism he was talking to someone about the baptism. This is how he described it: "Baptism is when you go under water and your old you is washed away. You come up with a new you and a bigger love for God and everyone will know it."
Unfortunately, my camera decided to act up. A wonderful family at church stepped in and took some pictures for us. I'll post those when I get them. Here are a few that I was able to take.


Sorry about the red eye. I'm not sure how to fix it.
Thank you to our family and friends who were with us to celebrate!

No comments: