Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A year ago....

Wow, what a year this has been. A year ago today we buried our baby, Aaron. This past year has been quite a journey. I wanted to share a struggle that I had during that time.

We lost Aaron on Septeber 6th. On the 10th our church celebrated it's 3rd birthday with a worship and celebration night. That day I wasn't sure if I could go. I asked God, "can I worship you tonight when tomorrow I have to bury my baby?" He didn't answer.

We ended up going. It felt great to be surrounded by our church family who loved and cared for us. The worship band started and I felt nothing. The band started to play "Better Is One Day". That's when God spoke to me. He said, "I'm here". At that moment I knew what I had to do. It's easy to praise God when life is great. I needed to praise God during the hard times. So that's exactly what I did. I raised my arms in the air and worshipped and praised God like I had never done before.

I'm excited to see what God has planned for us over the next twelve months. Last year at worship night I was mourning the loss of our baby. This year I look forward to celebrating Matthew's Baptism. Wow, what a year!

1 comment:

Lynnae Hoff said...

Jenny,
I will pray for your family and remember Everything happens for a reason. I know God has amazing plans for you. Keep on trusting.. you are an amazing woman.

love,
lynnae