Monday, July 28, 2008

Comic Con 2008


After Serve Day we went down to San Diego. It was nice to get away with my family. Even though it was only for one night it was just what we needed. The kids swam in the pool for a little bit and than we drove around to look for dessert. The boys were so excited about staying in a hotel that they couldn't wait to get back.


We woke up the next morning and took the Trolley to the convention center. We have never been on the Trolley before. It's definitely the way to travel to Downtown, especially during Comic Con.

Comic Con was fun, I'll admit it (just don't tell Rene). The boys had fun looking at the people dressed up in costumes. Matthew and Justin got to play the new Lego Batman game. They also got to collect two new Lego figures and added new Pokemon cards to their collection. We got free comic books, posters, pins, key chains, dog tags, and tons of other neat stuff.

For those of you who aren't familiar with comic book characters, I will do my best to remember who they are.

We ran into a either a Storm or Clone Trooper....I have a hard time telling them apart. I'd ask Matthew and Justin but they are asleep.

Matthew and Justin with Iron Man.

A Jedi and Yoda; this guy can make his voice sound just like Yoda.

Indiana Jones

A black Clone/Storm trooper....I'm not sure. I just know the boys were excited to see him.

Me and Matthew with the Joker.

Even Kermit the Frog was there.

Lego Indiana Jones....very cool!

"Darth Mater"

Star Wars friends

Matthew and Justin with Chewbacca....that's not a statue but a guy in a costume. Oh, and the reason Matthew's smile is fake here is because he was mad at me.

Matthew and Justin with some of the characters from Ben 10.

Jedis in training.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOOOOO Jealous!

In case you didn't know I'm a big geek.