Thursday, July 17, 2008

Why do I cook for them?

I love to cook for my family and friends. Cooking is very relaxing for me and I really enjoy it. I love to plan menus and try new recipes. That being said, why do I bother?

Last week the boys and I went to Albertsons for their 8 hour sale. I was only planning on picking up deli meat and cantaloupe. The boys love Albertsons. Each week Albertsons hides their mascot, Albie, and have a contest to see who can find it. So, we had to go through the whole store to look for him. We went by the freezer section and the boys see TV dinners. They got excited and begged for me to buy them one. I let them each pick out two (they were on sale for $0.49 each).

Everyday they have been begging me to make them. I finally broke down and made them each one for lunch. They were so excited. I actually took pictures thinking to myself that I need to blog about it.

I got caught up in cleaning the house and forgot about blogging. Until now! Justin just came up to me, gave me a big hug and kiss, and thanked me for making him the best lunch ever! Huh? All I did was through a TV dinner in the oven and that's his favorite meal? What about all those home-cooked meals from scratch that I carefully plan and cook? Oh well!

Thankfully I did take some pictures of their favorite meal. Enjoy!



No comments: